Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blocking Round Two

We blocked another scene and a half-ish tonight. Tomorrow, Cecily-Bob and I will block our throw down over who is marrying Ernest. It should be great fun. If not, I'll plant a few koalas and head for the border. Better head north though. Poor Bob, if she goes with me, they'll throw her in a crate to be mailed to the Philippines if they catch her in Arizona. Of course, the flashing neon sign on top of the car pointing at her from five different angles that reads "ASIAN" won't help her case.

And since I'm tired and staring down the possible barrel of a full night's sleep, it's time for a song. (Edit: Apparently, this video is rated TV PG. Bob, don't try watch this on a TV or you'll have to get parental guidance. And be careful, the video itself is worse than that joke.) I love this tune for all the obvious girlie reasons. It also played on the radio while I was stuck behind a wannabe driver going forty-five ALL THE WAY down HH on my way to rehearsal. Joy!

Tonight's quote was chosen in response to some thorns of jealousy that seem to be penetrating the garden of my life. I hope these thorns wither soon and let friendships old and new take full blossom in their stead.

Ooh, the Pesh is deep. What's that smell?

"Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative - self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within. Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them." ~Jennifer James

2 comments:

GutterBall said...

Yikes. Is this jealousy the one you sorta-kinda mentioned Sunday? The one about someone getting a part someone else wanted? Is that appropriately vague while being specific enough?

*snerk*

Also...dude. Now Dirty Dancing is in my head. That should never, ever happen. Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

...

Gah!

Pesh said...

Sorta-kinda. It's supposedly not directed at me, but the hostile vibes I'm getting are rather thick for such envy to be fully aimed elsewhere. Oh well, it'll pass.

And yeah, I just woke up with that song in my head. Whee!

I must remember to find more songs that stick so well. Then the world will bow before me.