Saturday, June 26, 2010

NOOO! Why, Grob, why?

Duh Pesh is sad tonight. A little. Okay, I may be playing it up for dramatics, but I am dismayed to say that tomorrow is the last performance of The Importance of Being Earnest. I expect to be bawling with every nail I pull as we strike the set. I love this play. I love the set, the costumes, the script, and most of all, the cast. I adore this cast. I've made some genuine friends and gained some great mentors. I never want it to end, but as all good things seem to do (Why doesn't anyone say that all bad things must come to an end? I guess this thought too, shall pass.) my time working with these wonderful people must stop, for now. It's almost time to move on to a new production. Boo.

I'll be auditioning for Oklahoma! starting Monday night. I need to prepare a piece for the singing portion. I'm thinking maybe "Somewhere That's Green". It would be great to play Laurey, a lead is always fun, but I think I'm going to hope for the part of Ado Annie. I love a good ding-a-ling. As always though, I'll be happy with any part, just as long as I get to participate.

And now on to news of pants-wetting caliber. My husband and I are going to Chicago for my birthday at the end of September. Guess what we're going to do there? I told you to guess, dammit! What the hell? Why would you think we'd be going there to do that? What's wrong with your mind? Oh yeah. I forgot you're reading this blog. Disregard that last question.

Ahem.

We're going to see Ricky Gervais perform live at The Chicago Theatre! Yea!

If you have any leftover confetti from the 50th Post Extravaganza, now would be the time to throw it around and choke on it. If not, just throw the razorblades around the room with gleeful enthusiasm.

I said gleeful. Do it right.

That's better. If you're not bleeding, it's not a party. Why do you think they cover cakes in frosting? See? Never doubt my logic. It could save your grandmother someday.

Anyhoo, this will be Ricky's first time performing in "the middle bit" of America (see his "Out of England" show for the reference). Our seats are in the fifteenth row, two sections house right from center. Ass will be thoroughly kicked. Thoroughly. Kicked.

Tonight's song and quote are dedicated to everyone who worked so hard to make Earnest such a fantastic show and an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. Thank you.

And for tonight's quote you get not one, but two! That's right! Double the wisdom in only half the blogging! Yea!

"I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom." ~Author Unknown

"I feel a very unusual sensation - if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude." ~Benjamin Disraeli

I love you all. Truly.

No comments: